Auto Shutdown Plus provides the ability to shutdown, restart, and log off your computer at a specified time or after an imputed duration. You may also select a message to appear instead of ending your current session. An alarm can be used to notify the user until acknowledgment of an action or message. Auto Shutdown Plus allows parameters to be passed during startup for advanced users and functionality. Auto Shutdown Plus is freeware and may be used by any user, for private or commercial use, for no charge.
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Easy way to have your computer perform an action
- Program will always appear on top of other applications when not minimized
- Multiple instances of the program may be used to display additional messages
- Various icons are used in the system tray to indicate the program’s status
- Pass parameters to select options and automatically start activated
Icons in System Tray (right-click when program is running for more options):
- Auto Shutdown Plus is ready and waiting for your action.
- Auto Shutdown Plus is active and will perform an action in as little as 3 minutes (if a time under 2 minutes was inputted, this icon will be displayed).
- 2 minute warning. Auto Shutdown Plus will activate in under 2 minutes.
- Auto Shutdown Plus has or will activate in under 10 seconds.
Parameters for Advanced Users; You may pass the following parameters to the program:
- as = Action Shutdown: Selects the Shutdown option.
- ar = Action Restart: Selects the Restart option.
- al = Action Log Off: Selects the Log Off option.
- dm = Action Display Message: Selects the Display Message option. To input a message, put one space after dm and type your message. This parameter must appears in quotes. Example: “dm This is a test.”
- cf = Check Force: Checks the Use Force checkbox.
- cb = Check Balloons: Unchecks the Balloon Tips checkbox (default is checked)
- ca = Check Alarm: Unchecks the Use Alarm checkbox (default is checked)
- sh = Select Hours: Selects hours for the Time measurement.
- sm = Select Minutes:: Selects minutes for the Time measurement.
- vn = Visible No: Hides the program during startup.
- in = In: Specifies the number of units to use for the Time measurement. NOTE: this parameter must be entered last. The vale must be an integer in the range of 1 to 99999. For security reasons, a user cannot input a value less than 1 and the option to select seconds with parameters is not available. If a valid number is inputted, the program will immediately Activate. This parameter must appears in quotes. Example: “in 25″
Example: To make a shortcut that passes parameters, right-click on the program and select “Create Shortcut”. Right-click the shortcut and select “Properties”. On the “Shortcut” tab, in the “Target” textbox, add your parameters after the path to the program. The following will uncheck all checkboxes, hide the program, and display the message “this is a test” after 3 minutes of using the shortcut:
“C:\Auto Shutdown Plus.exe” cb ca sm vn “dm this is a test” “in 3″